-->

why don t you wear white after labor day



+++ I will never know what it is like to be told by someone that I can’t wear something. I didn’t grow up in America and so I don’t come from a place where the color of my skin has been used to oppress me. In fact, if anything, I came from the opposite side of history; when most people around me were privileged and white-skinned, where women were expected stay at home and out of public life. In fact, ALL the people around me were men, privileged and white-skinned. I grew up in Turkey, a country that still has a long way to go. What I do understand is the feeling of being told by others what to wear. And so, sometimes you feel like you want to change it for them. For example, I am a fan of slippers. I have many pairs including ones with bows and ribbons, ones that I got as christmas gifts. And so, you can imagine what my reaction was when someone once told me that they wouldn't mind wearing slippers but 'I bet you're a little weird in bed'. Some people are just ignorant or wrong. But some of them are meant to be ignored or mocked. So much of the look we see on the internet and in person is just so crude and rude. It reminds me of when I was in middle school and a boy asked me what I thought of his shorts. When I told him that they were too short, he proceeded to tell me that 'they

NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post
NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post